The San Francisco conference organizers are offering a limited number of registration fee scholarships to offset the conference registration costs for students ($355 value). All travel and accommodation costs associated with attending the conference are the responsibility of the recipient.
Fee scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis (first-come, first-served) until funds run out, so early applications are encouraged. No applications will be accepted after May 22, 2009.
In exchange for receiving a registration fee scholarship, students may be asked to assist the conference organizers with certain tasks, such as assembling registration packets, helping with registration, or providing technical support to session chairs.
To be eligible for consideration, you must
- be a full-time student as of the application deadline (or have completed degree within the past 6 months and not be employed full-time);
- be a member of IAEE in good standing. Membership information may be found at https://www.iaee.org/en/membership/application.aspx
Application materials consist of
- Letter from applicant (see details below);
- Letter from applicant's advisor or another faculty member familiar with your research (see details below).
The letter from applicant should
- state that you meet qualifications listed above (include photocopy of student ID);
- briefly describe your energy interests and what you hope to accomplish by attending the conference;
provide the name and contact information for the faculty member who will be writing a letter on your behalf.
The letter from applicant's advisor or another faculty member familiar with your research should
- briefly describe your research interests, the nature of your academic program, and your academic progress;
- state whether he or she recommends that you be awarded the conference fee scholarship.
Please submit all materials electronically in pdf format to email@example.com, with "Application for Registration Fee Scholarship" in the subject line.
Students who do not wish to apply for a fee scholarship may still attend the conference at the reduced student registration rate. In order to qualify for the student rate, please submit a letter stating that you are a full-time student and are not employed full-time. The letter should provide the name and contact information for your main faculty advisor or your department chair and a copy of your student identification card. IAEE reserves the right to verify student status.
For further questions regarding the Registration Fee Scholarship, please contact David Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding our Best Student Paper Award program, please visit http://www.usaee.org/usaee2009/paperawards.html