The United States Association for Energy Economics is a non-profit organization of business, government, academic and other professionals that advances the understanding and application of economics across all facets of energy development and use, including theory, business, public policy and environmental considerations.
To this end, the United States Association for Energy Economics:
- Provides a forum that includes teachers, students and practitioners of energy economics.
- Promotes the development and education of energy professionals.
- Fosters an improved understanding of energy economics and energy-related issues
- Deliver high value of USAEE affiliation to USAEE members, thereby supporting increases in membership while increasing conference attendance and quality.
- Provide outstanding and meaningful experiences for students, especially associated with conference activities, the Best Paper competition, and student chapters of USAEE.
- Operate the Association as a 501(c)6 non-profit organization, following prudent budgeting practices.
- Keep the Association on the forefront of what a cross-sectorial professional association can deliver to its members in the 21st Century. Maintain a current list of officer and committee action items that move the Association forward.
- Increase sectorial, discipline and demographic diversity in membership, publications and conferences.
- Build the prestige of the Association and its constituents.
- Broaden the sponsorship base for USAEE activities.