USAEE is pleased to continue our Dennis J. O’Brien USAEE Best Student Paper Award program for student papers on energy economics. The awards will consist of a cash prize of $500 plus a waiver of conference registration fees (a value of $355) for the 27th USAEE/IAEE North American Conference, September 16-19, 2007. Up to 10 awards may be given. In order to receive the award and the cash prize, the student must attend the conference and present the paper. One paper will be selected at the conference as the Best paper and will receive a total cash award of $1000 (in addition to the waiver of the conference fees). To be eligible for consideration for the USAEE Student Paper Award competition, follow the guidelines below:
- Student must be a member of USAEE or IAEE in good standing.
- Electronically submit COMPLETED paper by June 22, 2007 to USAEE Headquarters.
- The submitted paper should be double-spaced on an 8.5 by 11 inch page format and not exceed 30 pages in length. Any paper that exceeds the page limitation will be subject to disqualification.
- Paper MUST be original work by the student and may not be co-authored by a faculty member.
- Submit a letter stating that you are a full-time student or have completed your degree within the past 6 months and are not employed full-time.
- Submit a letter from your faculty member, preferably your faculty supervisor, confirming the work is your own and recommending the paper for consideration.
Complete applications should be submitted to the USAEE Headquarters office no later than June 22, 2007 for consideration. Please submit all above materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Four of the recipients of the USAEE Student Paper Award will be invited to participate in a special session the first day of the conference. The judges for the session will decide which paper receives the Best Student Paper Award based on the presentation and the written paper. An award ceremony will recognize all of the students’ work later in the conference. Please note that all travel (ground/air, etc.) and hotel accommodations, meal costs in addition to conference-provided meals, etc., will be the responsibility of the award recipients.
For further questions regarding USAEE’s Student Paper Award, please do not hesitate to contact David Williams at 216-464-2785 or via e-mail at: email@example.com
Professors, click here to download a print version of the student scholarship criteria. We encourage you to post this information at your university.
USAEE is grateful to Southern Company for helping to underwrite the Dennis J. O'Brien USAEE Best Student Paper Award.